We all know that with the online and on-demand streaming service of Netflix, we can now gain access to premium entertainment content on any of our devices, as long as those devices are internet enabled. This is particularly true for such devices which run on Windows, iOS, and Android operating systems.
For anyone who is a keen gamer, the obvious question would be how to get Netflix on Xbox 360 and be able to watch Netflix on Xbox. This can only be a natural enquiry considering the fact that Netflix has been designed to work on virtually all forms of devices. In this article, I am going to explain to you how to watch Netflix on Xbox. Contrary to some people’s doubts, you can enjoy Netflix Xbox. This is also true for anyone who has Netflix Xbox 360 as well.
What you need to know on how to get Netflix on Xbox 360
- Firstly, you need to understand that it is absolutely unnecessary to buy any of the Netflix Player boxes that cost in the hundreds of dollars just to access Netflix Xbox 360. The popular Roku Netflix Player that retails for about $99 would readily come to mind. I have heard of how some subscribers of Netflix go out to buy this device because they believe that is how to watch Netflix on Xbox. There is no need for that.
- Secondly, you need to realize that your Xbox 360 is a very powerful and compatible device which only needs to be connected to your Windows Vista PC and you are all set to watch Netflix on Xbox. So, in essence how to get Netflix on Xbox 360 is achieved by connecting your Windows PC to the Xbox 360.
- Thirdly, you would need an Xbox 360 live account.
- Fourthly, you require a high speed internet access for streaming the content from Netflix.
- Fifthly, you must have a sufficient storage space on your Xbox 360 console. At least 75 MB of storage space would be sufficient.
- Finally, you need to have a valid and up-to-date subscription with Netflix.
The steps to be taken that would show you how to get Netflix on Xbox 360
I am now going to outline the steps on how to get Netflix on Xbox 360.
- From your Xbox 360 you sign in to Xbox 360 live. This can be accomplished through the use of your gamer tag for Xbox.
- You then go to “video marketplace” and choose “Netflix.” Assuming that you do not discover Netflix in the Marketplace, then search through Apps. It would definitely be there.
- “Confirm download” would now be your next selection.
- You now launch Netflix by navigating to “Video Marketplace.” It is at this point that the system would prompt you to register for a membership, assuming you did not have one before the download. Otherwise, you just go ahead to click “Yes I am” to be able to access your account that already exists.
- At this point an Activation Code would have been generated by the system. It would be necessary that you make a note of this by copying it down.
- You now can access the Netflix website at http://netflix.com from your browser. In order to access the version of your choice you would need to do some navigation. However, if there is a version that is specific for your country or region, the Netflix system would automatically redirect you to the appropriate version.
- Once prompted, you input the Activation Code that you had copied earlier. “Activate” should next be clicked.
- Next, you can get to launch “Netflix” after navigating through the “Video marketplace.”
- At this point you are all set to go. You simply go ahead and make a choice of which movie or series that you would like to watch.
- While you are watching, it is quite possible that you might desire to pause the program. All you would need to do is to tap the A button once and the movie would be paused. If you tap the A button twice the movie would resume all over again.
- Assuming further that you want to rewind the movie, you simply tap the left trigger on the controller and the film can be rewound. As you might have guessed correctly, the right trigger would be used to fast-forward the movie whenever you need to do so. This means that your controller on your Netflix Xbox 360 serves as the remote controller that we are used to on other electronic devices.
The steps described above are quite easy to be carried out for anyone looking for how to get Netflix on Xbox 360. They can also be adopted for anyone who wants to know how to watch Netflix on Xbox. However, if your desire is to unblock Netflix anywhere you might need to explore the services of Virtual Private Networks commonly known as VPNs. But that is beyond the scope of this write-up.
So there you have it. You can comfortably relax in the knowledge that you now know how to get Netflix on Xbox 360.