Netflix streaming videos can be watched from locations outside the US. That is good news! You can access Netflix videos from a host of devices: Smart TV, PC, Smartphone, and even game consoles. This is probably user-friendly news! So, if you have a PS4 and an internet connection, you can setup Netflix on PS4; and it’s pretty easy. Moreover, your location shouldn’t cause you any worries.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to setup Netflix on PS4:
Subscribe with a DNS service provider
If you reside outside the US, you will start by subscribing to a VPN or DNS service. Your best option is probably SmartDNS. A DNS service lets you get around geo-blocking restrictions placed by Netflix on viewers residing outside the US. You do not have to pay through your nose to obtain a DNS service our favorite is Unotelly, but if you cannot afford one, there are other free DNS services available, though you may not get the best of services from these.
Obtain a Netflix Account
Log on to Netflix and sign up to obtain a Netflix account. Obviously you will need to agree to the terms and conditions, to complete your registration. This might interest you; Netflix offers an option of initial free trial, so you can take advantage of that. You will need the account to access Netflix streaming videos after the installation.
Set up your PS4 for Internet Connection
Your PS4 has to be configured for internet connection. To do this, take the following steps:
- Go to Settings and choose Network.
- From the options, select Set up Internet Connection.
- On the Set up Internet Connection window, choose Custom.
- You will be prompted to select how you want to connect to network. Options are “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN Cable”. Choose any one applicable to your internet connection type.
- This directs you to IP Address Settings. Choose Automatic.
- Next is DHCP Host Name. Select “Do Not Specify”.
- You will then be directed to DNS Settings
This is where you set up your PS4 for the DNS service of your choice. We will assume SmartDNS. For your DNS settings, go along with the following steps:
- Select Manual. You will then be asked to provide the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS addresses.
- Enter the DNS numbers from your DNS service provider, using the format below: 234.234.23 for Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 for the Secondary DNS. As you may have guessed, the secondary DNS serves as a backup. Ensure that the correct digits are entered as your connection to the DNS server largely depends on this.
- Select Next and check internet connection.
- Restart your PS4 if the connection is OK.
Get the Netflix App
Netflix videos can be accessed from the Netflix website or the Netflix app. To setup Netflix on PS4, you will need to install the Netflix app. The app is available on PSN store and you can obtain it if you have a PSN account. You can create a new account if you do not have one. Remember to choose the US as your native country. Then download and install the app.
Sign into Netflix
Next, open the app and sign in to Netflix using the Netflix account you had earlier created. You should now know how to setup Netflix on PS4. If you encounter any difficulties, press “O” on your controller and choose View Account Information and Sign Out. Sign out and try signing in again. A second sign in attempt should get Netflix videos showing on your PS4.