If you reside in Australia there is no doubt that you must have discovered that it is not possible to watch Netflix on Apple TV in Australia. As a result, residents are left with the only option for streaming movies and music content which is Foxtel. The disadvantages of this service are firstly, it is expensive costing as much as $5.99 every month. Additionally, you are buying old, outdated content, some of which might have been released several months ago in the US online.
So the questions that people would be asking are would now be how do you get Netflix on TV? How do you get to view your favorite Netflix TV shows? Can you get netflix on apple tv?
The answer is a resounding “YES.” Apparently there seems to be an increasing number of people who now get to watch Netflix on Apple TV in Australia. It is no longer a problem without a solution anymore.
As with any venture of this type, you would need certain tools to be able watch Netflix TV shows. These are:
- An Apple TV
- An account with Unblock-Us.
- A computer
- A HDMI cable
- A wireless internet connection
With these items above you would be shown how you can unblock Netflix on Apple TV by following the steps below:
- The process would begin with your account with Unblock-Us. You can sign up immediately for their trial period which is free.
- Ensure that your Apple TV has the most recent firmware updated. If this is not so, the Unblock-Us configuration would not function properly.
- You now get your Apple TV turned on and proceed to get it configured with the use of the settings of Unblock-Us. In order to be able to view Netflix for Apple TV you are going to have to trick Netflix into thinking that you are resident in the US. This can be accomplished through the use of the DNS servers of Unblock-Us.
- To accomplish this, navigate to the settings once you have it turned on. You move to the general settings then you scroll to the network settings. You search through for the type of connection which you have and then click on it. From there, you scroll down again to Configure DNS and have it changed from what is there into manual settings. Four different sets of numbers would be provided to you at this point. Out of these numbers, you are going to insert the following which are DNS servers for Unblock-Us.
[c5ab_box c5_helper_title=”” c5_title=”” type=”alert-info” ] 118.175.56 = preferred DNS 127.33.48 = alternate DNS[/c5ab_box]
- You click done after inputting the numbers above. Return to the general settings once more. You now scroll down to the last part and select restart. Your Apple TV is going to reboot once the restart has been confirmed.
- If you would prefer to have Hulu, Netflix for Apple, or any other US Channel app, you will need to get the location settings of your iTunes Store changed. You can accomplish this by going to settings by navigating to get there. Once there, you scroll down to iTunes Store. At this position you choose United States as your location. Once that is done, you once again restart you Apple TV. Once its reboot is completed, the app for Hulu will be visible on the main screen.
- Get your Apple TV rebooted
- Go to the website of Unblock-us.com from your computer
- Login to your account
- The website Unblock-Us will review your status to confirm that all is set by getting your account checked and if you have correctly set up your DNS.
- A dialog box would inform you if your internet address has been changed. “Click here to activate your new internet address” should be clicked in order to assist their service in identifying you better. Also, issue with account termination or invoices that are unpaid would be told to you by the dialog box.
- It is very necessary to go through the further steps because if you fail to do so you might not be successful in gaining access to the service of Unblock-Us.
- When you have completed your Unblock-Us account setup on your Apple TV, you can proceed to get the Netflix for Apple TV app opened by the use of your registered account with Netflix. You can then start to enjoy the services that are available from Netflix on Apple TV in Australia once you have gained access to your account.
That is basically all that there is to it. Immediately you have completed your configuration, you can start to get the delight and enjoyment of watching Netflix on Apple TV in Australia. You no longer have to worry about how you get Netflix on TV or Amazon Fire TV.